I never fear criticism. I fear sinfully reacting to it which would dishonor Jesus, forfeit His anointing and waste precious time.
Living a life of faith means never knowing where you are being led.
D. A. Carson
Worship is a transitive verb, and the most important thing about it is the direct object. We do not meet to worship; we aim to worship God.
Paul David Tripp
– Grace takes sin seriously or there would be no need for grace, so real faith in God’s grace never results in not caring about sin.
– In Christ, you’re declared righteous (justification) then grace operates to actually make you what you were declared to be (sanctification).
– Christ’s sacrifice satisfied the Father’s anger so that as his child you will receive his discipline, but you do not need to fear his wrath.
– The futility of hypocrisy: „Nothing is covered up that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known.” (Luke 12:2)
– Job’s former eminence (Job 29) is a great reminder how our public esteem can vanish like a vapor.
A W Tozer
To be right with God has often meant to be in trouble with men.