– Planting a church by attracting disgruntled believers is one of the stupidest ideas I’ve heard, for a dozen reasons.
– Pastor, you attract what you are. If you’re cranky, folks who love to argue and fight will fill the church. If you gossip, they will!
– Inventing a theology to justify my failure is sin. „People ruin themselves by their own stupid actions then blame God.” Pr. 19:3
– Pastor, God called you to feed and lead His sheep, not corral goats.
A W Tozer
– When I understand that everything happening to me is to make me more Christlike, it solves a great deal of anxiety.
– Nothing’s easier to talk about than surrendering ourselves and dying on the Cross; nothing’s harder than actually doing it.
Holiness comes from Christ. It is the result of vital union with Him. It is the fruit of being a living branch of the true Vine.
C. S. Lewis
– You can’t really be so well-adjusted to your world if it ends by nailing you up to a stake of wood.
– Evil comes from the abuse of free will.
God owns everything and gives us things to enjoy. He is a good shepherd to us, his little flock. Trust Him, not stuff.
The gospel is not a word of judgment. It IS glad NEWS, NOT mad NEWS.
– All our fret and worry is caused by calculating without God.
Paul David Tripp
– Jesus paid it all! There are no bills due for your sin! You are now free to simply trust and obey.
– The call to trust is itself a grace. You don’t have to figure it all out. You can rest in the One who before creation worked it all out.
– The call to obey is a grace. You don’t have to design a moral code. You can rest in the One who is wisdom, he always knows what’s right.
A sermon born in the head reaches the head, but a sermon born in the heart reaches the heart.