– No one is so miserable as the poor person who maintains the appearance of wealth.
– Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite.
– The more someone depends on you for their identity, the more they’ll resent you after realizing you can’t meet all their needs.
– When you expect anyone to meet needs in your life that only God can meet, you set yourself up for huge disappointment.
– Your self-worth is largely based on what you think the most important person in your life thinks of you. Make Jesus that person.
A W Tozer
You can see God from anywhere if your mind is set to love and obey Him
Don’t stop serving in seasons of great sadness. „Those who sow in tears shall reap with shouts of joy!” (Psa. 126:5)
C. S. Lewis
Of all bad men religious bad men are the worst.
No pill or pep talk can set the sinner’s heart at ease. You may deaden the fear, but only God’s grace can remove it.
We have one duty before God, to save souls. What is not relevant in some way to the saving of souls is not relevant, and God is not interested in it either.
Never look for righteousness in the other person, but never cease to be righteous yourself.
Paul David Tripp
– Somehow, someway your little kingdom will look very attractive to you today, the very kingdom grace works unrelentingly to rescue you from.
– Spiritual warfare = the battle between your way and God’s, your kingdom and God’s kingdom, the worship of self and the worship of God.
– Grace doesn’t cause you to worship; you’re a worshipper. Grace frees you from worship of the creation, enabling you to worship the Creator.