A W Tozer
The essence of surrender is getting out of God’s way so that He can do in us what He wants to do through us.
The greatest sorrow has been prophesied. „Children will rise against parents and have them put to death. (Matt. 10:21)
C. S. Lewis
– In science we have been reading only the notes to a poem; in Christianity we find the poem itself.
– There ought to be things we should like to do and cannot because our charitable expenditure excludes them.
– Sainthood lies in the habit of referring the smallest actions to God.
Jesus loves us too much to leave us in doubt about his grace. His „perfect love expels all fear”. (1 John 4:18)
An evangelist should not just present choice snapshots, but the riches of the Word of God.
The greatest competitor of true devotion to Jesus is the service we do for Him.
Paul David Tripp
– No acknowledgement of sin, no running to grace. No embracing of grace, no ability to acknowledge sin.
– The hope of legalism („I can be righteous on my own”) is a delusion. The promise of grace („Everything you need”) is a guarantee.
– „What can wash away my sin?”(Not people, possessions, theology, performance, experience, etc…) „Nothing but the blood of Jesus”
Nobody else can give you a clean heart but God.
It is not faith in Christ that saves you (though faith is the instrument) – it is Christ’s blood and merits.