C. S. Lewis
– In science we have been reading only the notes to a poem; in Christianity we find the poem itself.
– If we live at the same level of affluence as other people who have our level of income, we are probably giving away too little. The only safe rule is to give more than we can spare.
A preacher must recognize, even reveal in, his own human inabilities (Azurdia). I don’t get this kind of encouragement often.
– Gracious Lord, You’ve given us eyes. Grant us the power to use them to truly see those you put in our paths.
– Trust in the Lord with all your heart, … in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Pr. 3:5)
– In the Bible God is called „the One who sees me.” His eyes are upon us to guide and protect and bless and correct.
A W Tozer
– No one can take away the kindness of God from those who seek Him.
Jesus said to broken people to fix their eyes on Him. It wasn’t about more repair; it was about less distraction.
Paul David Tripp
You don’t have to win the battle with sin, that victory was won on the cross. You just have to live in light of that victory.
When God speaks you can either make plans or excuses!
We have no right in Christian service to be guided by our own interests and desires.
D. A. Carson
– True fellowship is self-sacrificing conformity to a shared vision. Christian fellowship, then, is self-sacrificing conformity to the gospel.
– Somewhere along the line we must have preachers who so empathize with God’s point of view that even words of lament and woe taste sweet.