D. A. Carson
– The gospel saves — and “salvation” means more than just “getting in,” but transformed wholeness.
– The cross, without ever being disowned, is constantly in danger of being dismissed from the central place it must enjoy.
Jesus didn’t die on the cross to gain a Bride who yawns in His face on Sunday mornings.
– „The cross we are called to bear may be heavy, but we have not to carry it far.” (David MacIntyre)
– Earthly riches are full of poverty.” (Augustine)
Great Minds Quotes
– „It’s always too soon to quit.” (Norman Vincent Peale)
– „The greatest danger for most of us is not that we aim too high and we miss it, but we aim too low and reach it.” (Michelangelo)
– „The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future.” (Plato)
– „We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.” (Aristotle)
– „You cannot tailor make your situation in life, but you can tailor make your attitudes to fit those situations.” (Zig Ziglar)
– „It takes less time to do a thing right, than it does to explain why you did it wrong.” (Henry Longfellow)
John C Maxwell
Teamwork divides the effort & multiplies the effect. (Unknown)
– The value people place on themselves is always determined by the value they place on others.
– Your heart can be a tool of transformation for good, or it can be Satan’s device of deception.
– Your spiritual gifts are not toys to play with, but tools to build up His body. (AdrianRogers)
– The journey through shadows purges the soul of it’s pride and earthly attachments; „dark night of the soul.” (St John of the Cross)
– Since difficult times can lead to anger, self-pity, or complaining, PRAY.
We show how little love we have for God by preferring to listen to His servants rather than to Him.
If we are doing what God has called us to do, we don’t have to be defensive about our decisions. God is our Defender.
Satan’s darts are quenchable; God’s are not. You can flee the presence of Satan; you cannot flee the presence of God. (R.C. Sproul)
Compassion has a dozen advocates: As we reduce poverty and disease, we reduce war and atrocities.
– No matter what accomplishments you make, somebody helped you. (Althea Gibson)
– If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. (Dr. Maya Angelou)
A W Tozer
„Some doubt the Word of God, some deny it and some laugh at it, but few actually read it.”