Many of us are faithful to our ideas about Jesus Christ, but how many of us are faithful to Jesus Himself?
C. S. Lewis
Tribulations cannot cease until God either sees us remade or sees that our remaking is now hopeless.
D. A. Carson
There is nothing in Scripture to encourage us to think we should always be free from the vicissitudes that plague a dying world.
– We recycle glass, metal, paper, etc. However we cannot recycle human nature.
– Redemption is like creation – nobody thought of it but God.
– The Social Gospel is a Gospel of self-help, not Divine help.
Paul David Tripp
– Self-righteousness denies the indictment of the Word of God, resists the conviction of the Holy Spirit, and ignores the comforts of grace.
– Self-righteousness is being more concerned for and motivated by the knowledge of the sin of others than you are your own.
– Self-righteousness is being convinced you are above and beyond the need for rescuing, transforming, delivering grace.
An unhappy family is a bad advertisement for the greatness of Jesus. Dads, pray and work for their joy. (2 Cor. 1:24)
Whatever you resist, persists -because it keeps your attention. Instead REFOCUS on something else to defeat a temptation.
A W Tozer
– Much of our difficulty stems from our unwillingness to take God as He is and adjust our lives accordingly.
– I pray that I will be willing to let my Christian experience and standards cost me something right down to my last gasp.
Jesus broke bread with people who couldn’t cut it.