Loving your neighbor means loving the person you’ve been taught to hate.
A self-serving leader is a contradiction. Any moment you are serving yourself, you’re not a leader.
At the Cross we see God at His best and man at his worst – the clenched fist of hate clutched by the wounded hand of love.
We can’t stay forever on the „mount of transfiguration”, basking in the lite of our mountaintop experience.
D. A. Carson
– We must put the gospel first. And that means we must put the fellowship of the gospel at the centre of our relationships with other believers.
– Transformed by the gospel, our love is to be self-originating, not elicited by the loveliness of the loved. For that is the way it is with God.
Paul David Tripp
– The issue’s not whether you’ll have grace for the moment, but in the moment will you live in light of the grace that you’ve been given.
– It never works to ask people to do for you what only God can do. It never works to wait for God to do what he has clearly called you to do.
– You do not have to look to people for the help, healing, rescue and restoration your heart needs; your Savior has all of these covered.
Our great value in reading the Word of God is that it is faith-feeding.
A W Tozer
The Lord Jesus Christ Himself is our perfect example, and He knew NO divided life.