C. S. Lewis
Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less.
D. A. Carson
If the heart of sinfulness is self-centredness, the heart of all biblical religion is God-centredness: in short it is worship.
– If people realised you can be a saint without being sad, there would be more public interest in the profession.
– God does not love us because we are good but because He is good.
Paul David Tripp
– We don’t seek satisfaction and hope that God will deliver. No, we seek God and the result is satisfaction of heart.
– God will not be reduced to the deliverer of the glories that we seek. No, his glory must be the thing that we constantly seek.
– God is unwilling to be your means to what you call the „good life.” No, relationship with him must be your definition of the „good life.”
Our lives should be an absolute hymn of praise resulting from perfect, irrepressible, triumphant belief.
Nothing fosters fear like an ignorance of mercy. And nothing fosters courage like a clear grasp of grace.