TweetWords – March 03, 2011
If God chose only righteous people to change the world, you could count them all on one finger.
The love of God pays no attention to my prejudices caused by my natural individuality.
C. S. Lewis
– It cost God nothing, so far as we know, to create nice things: but to convert rebellious wills cost Him crucifixion.
– Heaven offers nothing that a mercenary soul can desire.
D. A. Carson
The good news of Jesus Christ will never allow us to be smug and other-worldly in the face of suffering and evil.
– God will be the covenant-keeping God, though every man’s a liar. Because he can raise up from stones children to Abraham.
– O Lord, grant that in the emotional scales of my life the magnitude and multitude of your rewards will outweigh all sorrows.
– Speakers who wish to influence the church nationally but arent serving a church locally lack credibility with real pastors.
– Antidote to stress: Say aloud “God is God, and I’m not!” Repeat five times.
– If you fear you’re losing your mind and going crazy, relax; you aren’t. Truly crazy people don’t worry about it.
An old head with a cynical outlook has little value to young people. But a wise head with a fresh spirit is invaluable!