– You’ll never understand yourself fully. But you can get to know Jesus who does understand you fully and still loves you.
– It’s stupid to assume we know the motivations of other’s hearts. We don’t know our own motivations most of the time.
– If you always give “a piece of your mind” to those who irritate you, you soon have none left. Be better.
A W Tozer
We can never know who or what we are till we know at least something of what God is.
D. A. Carson
When true revival dawns, resentments are dissolved. When revivalcomes, self-promotion is seen as ugly, and withers away.
Doctrine is useless if it is not accompanied by a holy life. It is worse than useless; it does positive harm.
There is no contempt in the Father’s discipline. “The Lord reproves us, as a father the son in whom he DELIGHTS.” Prov. 3:12
C. S. Lewis
– The things that make survival worth having are not to be rated below the things that enable us to survive.
– Aim at heaven and you get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.
– We must get over wanting to be needed-this is the hardest of all temptations to resist.
Heaven’s message for you is clear: when everything else changes, God’s presence never does.
Our business is not committees and church policy, but love.
Spiritual darkness is the result of something that I do not intend to obey.
Any “self made man” has seriously limited his life, because self can’t take you where God wants you to go!
Our blessings have become a curse. They attract us. They take too much of our time and concern.
I would go to the deeps a hundred times to cheer a downcast spirit.