– A lie can travel around the globe before the truth puts on its shoes.
– Refusing to even LISTEN to another view because you KNOW you’re right reveals pride and your deep fear that you MIGHT be wrong.
– Having counseled 1000s of people as a pastor I’ve observed that the first 100 years of life are the toughest.
Sanctification is an impartation, not an imitation.
The only vision many of you have is television.
Humility is the proper estimate of oneself.
A W Tozer
We are here to affirm, not to deny-when we affirm all that is God, all that is not God is automatically denied.
– The Lord is never at a loss for how to respond blamelessly and redemptively to our almost infinitely varied evasions.
– Jesus on two sources of error. „You are wrong because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God.” (Matthew 22:29)
Our problems are His possibilities. Christ entered the world by a surprise pregnancy and redeemed it by His unjust murder.
Paul David Tripp
– For the believer obedience is not a pain but a joy. Each act of obedience celebrates the grace that motivates and empowers it.
– The call to obey is itself a grace because it frees you from thinking you know more than you do and have more authority than you do.
– When you say, „Your will be done,” you are choosing something you could not understand, desire, or do without transforming grace.