The moment we glorify ourselves, since there is room for one glory only in the universe, we set ourselves up as rivals to the Most High.
A saint’s life is in the hands of God like a bow and arrow in the hands of an archer.
– Only insecure people need status symbols.
– Needing to wear a brand advertizes your lack of confidence in your own identity.
– Where the grass is greener,the water bill is higher. „It’s healthy to be content, but envy will eat you up” Prov4:30
A W Tozer
– God is the perfect Creator and He runs everything by being present in His works.
– All tradition must bow in reverence before the clear testimony of God’s Word.
D. A. Carson
Christian beliefs are not to be stacked in the warehouse of the mind; they are to be handled and applied to the challenges of life.
God meets daily needs daily. Not weekly or annually. He will give you what you need when it is needed.
Paul David Tripp
– Your hope is not in your ability to love God, but in His unrelenting and unshakable love for you.
– Yes, you’ve been called to obey, but your hope is not in the diligence of your obedience, but in the faithfulness of the grace of Jesus.
– The life/death/resurrection of Jesus delivers everything you need, but will you still look today for what you’ve already been given?
Any present obsession that is not aligned to future potential, is destructive… Don’t squander your future!
If you want to love more, just decide to fear less.