– Omit needless words.The tighter the truth,the more pointed the impact.
– Use your head in managing yourself. Use your heart in managing others.
– Better to be ordinary and work for a living than act important and starve in the process.
Your place in heaven was more important to Christ than His place in heaven. He gave up His so you could have yours.
– Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved. (Barbra Johnson)
– The trouble is, if you don’t risk anything, you risk even more. (Erica Jong)
– Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
The resounding evidence of the HolySpirit in a person’s life is the unmistakable famly likeness to Jesus.
Arrogance is a cover for shame.
John C Maxwell:
No one can whistle a symphony. It takes an orchestra to play it. (Halford E Luccock)
Do you have older wiser people around you to mentor you or offer you wisdom?
Some of you check your weather application more than you check your heart.
D. A. Carson:
– Truth may be one, but it sounds less like a single wavering note than like a symphony.
– As Christians we are called upon to put the advance of the gospel at the very centre of our aspirations.
„We may be too engrossed with the shell even of heavenly things.” (McCheyne)
“If people speak ill of you, live so that no one will believe them.” (Plato)
“Grace is opposed to earning not to effort.” (J.P. Moreland)
„If you can’t be a good example, then you’ll just have to be a horrible warning.” (Catherine Aird)
Is it better to win small than lose big?
Keeping our eyes on Jesus takes work. If we can’t find a window to see Him through, find a knothole.
C S Lewis:
– You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
– What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing. It also depends on what sort of person you are.