C. S. Lewis
It’s a poor thing to come to Him as a last resort. If God were proud He would hardly have us on such terms: but He isn’t
Fear is the prison where potential is confined.
A W Tozer
“If worship bores you, you are not ready for heaven.” AW Tozer (The Purpose of Man)
Leaders goal: Don’t be swayed by accolades or critics. Listen, learn, & grow. The BEST is yet to come!
– “Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?” (Job2:10). In what proportion do you expect in this life?
– Our most serious misunderstandings are not intellectual. “They did not understand, but their hearts were hardened.” (Mark 6:52)
Humility is only achieved as a byproduct of understanding, believing, and marveling in the gospel of grace.
– The idea that you must forfeit convictions about right & wrong in order to love someone who disagrees with you is nonsense.
– If you only love those who agree with you, your circle of love will exclude most of the world.
Paul David Tripp
– Inserting yourself into the center of your world will never work. God in grace, won’t forsake his throne for yours.
– There is a deep, seductive, powerful bondage that gets us all. It is our bondage to ourselves and only redeeming grace can liberate us.
– In grace God gives me empirical evidence that I’m not in control so I’ll abandon my self-sovereignty for his loving Lordship.
No matter the pressure of the tribulation you encounter, the difficulty is nothing compared to the rulership you’ll walk in once its past.
Drudgery is one of the finest tests to determine the genuineness of our character.