TweetWords – Feb. 16, 2011
– God gives us people to love and things to use, not things to love and people to use.
– Does God create people like Mother Teresa so he can prove his point: “See, you can do something today that will outlive your life.”
– God’s dream isn’t just to get you into heaven, but heaven into you.
– Anyone who has really received the righteousness of Christ is called to show forth the fruit of that righteousness by godly living. (R.C. Sproul)
– The only thing that has the ability to free a person from actual guilt is actual forgiveness. (R.C. Sproul)
– What will you do in these minutes to prepare for an endless eternity? That’s what really matters.
– “All men seek to be happy . . . yet no one without faith has ever reached the point at which everyone constantly aims.” Blaise Pascal
– Ministry must be “wholistic” since each of us have a “whole list” of sins & problems we need help with.
– Healthy, growing organizations value staff more for their knowledge and results than by how well they follow proceedures.
– Love,not condemnation,changes people.
Great Minds Quotes
– “Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.” (Napoleon Hill)
– “A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.” (Maya Angelou)
– “Wisdom begins in wonder.” (Socrates)
– God does not give us overcoming life – He gives us life as we overcome.
When we relieve the suffering of another it is as tho we have done it for Jesus Christ personally (see Mt. 25:40)
Your work is a marathon not a sprint. Don’t focus on a quick rise, focus on longevity and enjoying your service.
If the devil could destroy us whenever he wanted to, he would have wiped us out a long time ago.
A W Tozer
“God promises to hear your prayers, but not to unconditionally answer them the way you want them answered.”
Love always asks, ‘What is best for the other person?’
Ocean of Grace
God became man to turn creatures into sons: not simply to produce better men of the old kind but to produce a new kind of man. (CS Lewis)
The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
“One who is in love flies, runs, and rejoices; he is free, not bound. He gives all for all and possesses all in all…” (Thomas a Kempis)
Paul David Tripp
– Grace frees me from the burden of propping up my own righteousness because I have been gifted with the righteousness of Christ.
– You don’t need to pretend to yourself or others that you are something you aren’t because grace has met you exactly as you are.
– When a man draws near to God in prayer, he forgets prayer… prayer goes for nothing, but Christ is all.” (I. Ambrose)
– The dying Christ made a dying thief the sweetest comfort for faith-filled dying failures. “Today with me in paradise.”
“The world is dangerous not because of the few people who do evil but because of the billions who sit by & let it happen.” (Einstein)