My life of service to God is the way I say „thank you” to Him for His inexpressibly wonderful salvation.
– We’re not an advertisement for Christ; we’re supposed to be proof.
– An elegantly simple faith is a head turner.
D. A. Carson
– „The norms of the kingdom, worked out in the lives of the heirs of the kingdom, constitute the witness of the kingdom.”
– To pray in Jesus’ name is to recognize the ground on which God answers such requests: Jesus himself.
The acid test of whether an action,emotion,belief,or theology is truly Christian is quite simple:Does it look like Jesus?
We overestimate what God wants to do in the short run. But underestimate what He wants to do in the long run. Stay the course!
The sum of all that Christ purchased for men was the Holy Ghost. (Jonathan Edwards)
Great Minds Quotes
– „A short saying often contains much wisdom.” (Sophocles)
– „While we stop to think, we often miss our opportunity.” (Publilius Syrus)
– „We may affirm absolutely that nothing great in the world has been accomplished without passion.” (Hegel)
– „We are all born originals – why is it so many of us die copies?” (Edward Young)
– „Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” (Albert Einstein)
– „Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.” (Babs Hoffman)
– Marriage is a temporary parable of permanence.
– „The only relics of sin which are found in heaven are the scarred feet and hands and side of the Redeemer.” (David MacIntyre)
He’s making you into an amazing person through the difficult things in your life.
– Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time. (Betty Smith)
– Negative people will always try to drag you down to their level. Love ‘em but rise above ‘em!
– Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?
– Worship is that which is at the heart of the Christian faith and of the life of the church. (R.C. Sproul)
– „Every sin is an act of cosmic treason, a futile attempt to dethrone God in His sovereign authority.” (RC Sproul)
There are times when something needs to be done & yet we know that if we step up & do this needful thing, we will pay a heavy personal price
A W Tozer
„Shall it be ‘religion’ or shall it be Christ?”
„I’ve never missed anything I’ve given away.” (Odus Scroggs)
Mother Teresa thought Jesus walked in the „distressing disguise of the poor.”She set out to love him by loving them
Loneliness is inner emptiness. Solitude is inner fulfillment. (Richard Foster)
„Anyone – regardless of age, talent or gift – can love if he or she asks God for the power and the will.” (Gail MacDonald)
Our days would be so different if we started each one by saying, „Here I am to worship.”
Paul David Tripp
– The cross was a victory, the empty tomb sealed the deal, the Spirit is a guarantee, you have been given grace upon grace upon grace.
– The big question is not whether your Savior will deliver all that he has promised, but whether you will live in light of what he delivers.
– Grace never forgets, or shows up late, or gets tired, or gets cynical, or exhausts it’s resources, grace always delivers its promises.