A W Tozer:
“Some doubt the Word of God, some deny it and some laugh at it, but few actually read it.” (AW Tozer)
Jesus makes confetti out of our degrees, trophies and titles. He celebrates us, not our accomplishments.
– I would rather die than do something, which I know to be a sin, or to be against God’s will. (Joan of Arc)
– Only if we understand can we care. Only if we care will we help. Only if we help shall they be saved. (Jane Goodall)
“O what I owe to the furnace, the file, and the hammer of my Lord Jesus!” (Samuel Rutherford)
John C Maxwell:
The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team. (John Wooden)
“All men can be criminals, if tempted; all men can be heroes, if inspired.” (G.K. CHESTERTON)
– Comparing yourself to others is worthless.God wont grade your life on the curve, but on the Cross.
– The more aware you are of your own sinfulness, the more gracious you are to others. Judging others reveals self-righteousness.
– Believing the doctrines of grace doesnt make u gracious! You must EXPERIENCE grace to be transformed into a gracious person
– It is offensive to God when I claim to believe in grace while being ungracious to others.
– God commands:”Speak up for those who cannot speak up for themselves” (Pr. 31:8)
Fear disobedience more than human disapproval.
– Where there’s a will, there’s a … greedy relative.
– The dead aren’t hurt by insults,nor driven by praise. “Thru the Cross, the world is dead to me & I to the world” (Gal. 6:14)
God, help me to hate my sin today!
The difference between making a difference, and making no difference = Indifference.
There are many reasons to help people in need. Delivering someone from poverty unleashes that person’s potential. (Max Lucado)
If we lose the mental, emotional & imaginative discipline of reading . . . how will we recognize the quiet intimacies of grace? (Greg Wolfe)
At the very heart of our redemption is God changing what we most fundamentally want. (David Powlison)
Your mind is the greatest gift God has given you and it ought to be devoted entirely to Him.
He who accepts nothing has nothing to return.
I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels (John Calvin)
I’m glad at the way it came out, but at the conversion moment, what I heard was God saying-Put down your gun & we’ll talk. (C. S. Lewis)
…to our brothers and sisters of the human race, “You are Loved. There is no reason to be afraid.” (Henri Nouwen)
“It is not chance but the Lord that sends affliction, and we should own and reverence His hand in it” (T. Boston).
D. A. Carson:
As absolute & mysterious as election may be, it never functions in Scripture as a disincentive to human responsibility and personal choices.
If my labor.. only points people to me.. I have FAILED.
“If God’s love is for anybody anywhere, it’s for everybody everywhere.”